Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pick up your camera-

I've had such an amazing time so far. I've spent more time in the ocean than I thought I would. I've assisted on photoshoots that made the cover of the Maui Time (another one this Saturday), I've been meeting and helped out a ton of artists on the island (some of which are paying me), and best of all--I've been editing shorts for the film like crazy. I've shot and edited some for fun, too.

I wish equipment and software wasn't so expensive. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there with the talent but with no money to get started, at all. This opportunity fell in my lap but once I leave here I'm at square one and will probably have to beg for someone to share their FinalCut with me. $1,000 for software? That's just plain mean...

I LOVE taking photos but I'm GOOD AT shooting/editing video. They are such different things. I would love to be as good at taking pictures as I am at editing video.

But I feel most comfortable in the house pouring over fashion and photoblogs and telling myself I could do the same thing without even trying. I have two great cameras and I keep making excuses for not using them.

I know what it is. I could go around taking pictures of the pretty flowers and rainbows and waterfalls... but I really want to take pictures of my heinous, hot-mess, foul-mouthed, belligerently drunk friends. New York is so gross and beautiful. No one curses here! There aren't enough perverts! And I know people would disagree with me but there's no point in arguing. I know the best pervs around.

So, I've recruited the best one I know to take a two-week long roadtrip with me up and down the West coast to visit various pervs from different parts of my life. Here--HERE is where I will take the pictures AND the video. This is where I can really release that passion.

Then I retreat back to New York to give everyone I love a good long squeeze before I run away again.

No pictures. See above explanation.

No comments: